Header

Header

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer?

I was beginning to think summer would never come. Cold weather makes me irritable and uncomfortable- I'm just not myself. Especially untimely cold weather.

We put a lighter quilt on the bed- taking the bulky winter comforter and tucking it away with hope that we wouldn't see it again until November. Kade got new pajamas- shorts- because his footsie jammies would make him hot and sweaty in these warm months. I started looking up easy recipes- the kind of food you make in the summer; when you want to lazily throw something together and eat it out on the lawn. We took every precaution, and it continued to rain. It really seemed as if the rain would never quit. I imagined watching my car floating off in the distance, the river surrounding our apartment...

And Then- There it was. A faint hint of summer. The way the air smells- soft and fresh, the relived feeling you get when a small breeze tickles the back of your neck. The smell of dusty swing sets and sunscreen. Yes folks, I think its finally coming.

The forecast for the next 10 days? Nothing below 75 degrees and no more than a 10 percent chance of rain. And that, my friends, is a reason to smile.

Photobucket

Because with summer comes more outside play dates with Athena. And Kade loves her.

Photobucket

Yesterday, we celebrated Daddy's first fathers day. We love you.

Photobucket

Something else? Kade is unbelievably close to crawling.

Photobucket

Random adorable picture of Kade eating carrots:

Photobucket

AND- I finally finished Athena's dress. I was so frustrated by this project. So, I bought new fabric and started fresh with an open mind. This time, I finished it in three hours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This week I have a doctors appointment, a work meeting and a house to clean. But on Thursday, the high is 90. And you better believe Kade and Athena will be in their swimming suits at the splash pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.