Header

Header

Monday, June 6, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

Finally a beautiful and warm weekend! I have a week off work before starting graveyards on Thursday and I've been soaking up every minute of time I have with my sweet Kadertot until I go back. The last few days have been spent rolling around on the floor, trying new finger foods, buying new jammies, continuing to redecorate Kades room, baking and so much more! It has been amazing. My new schedule at work is graveyards Thursday through Saturday- which means I'll be home with Kade Sunday through Wednesday!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I have so many fun activities going through my head, I've had to write them down so I don't forget them!

Kade got new pajamas, and got to wear a tank top for the first time this year! We also bought him a sock monkey- we finally found one at Target that wasn't pink.




Oh, and I've created a Cheese Monster. He would eat it for every meal if I'd let him.


Mommy and Kade went for a long walk, both of us slathered in sunscreen. Remember that raging river I was talking about? After the walk, I gave Kade a frozen "Binksicle" to cool down.


We made made Play Dough Cookies! Mommy and Daddy were feeling creative- By the time I had the dough done, Kade was down for his nap. So we made the cookies, just us two.

Play Dough Cookies:
3/4 cup butter- softened
3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
food coloring

In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to cream mixture and stir until soft dough forms.
Separate dough into four small bowls and add food coloring to each.
Make shapes and designs to your hearts content!
Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.


We went to a family BBQ at Shelly Halacy's house. (She's doing an awesome giveaway by the way- you should check it out!) Mike made the best chicken I've ever tasted- slow cooked on the grill for two hours! Kade was a mommy's boy and refused to let anyone else hold him. What else is new? ha!


It was really an amazing weekend- tomorrow we are shopping for Kades first birthday while he has a sleepover at Grandma Danielles house. It's also mine and Ian's date night! Can't wait for the rest of the week to unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.