At the end of a long day, sometimes you have to sit yourself down and force calm thoughts. For example- the baby has been screaming non-stop for two days straight, the bedroom is still not organized even though you've made it top priority for a week now, your diet coke is warm because you keep forgetting to put it in the fridge and you forgot (again) to make an appointment- or five- before the offices closed. At this point its important to sit yourself down and take a deep breath before you explode.
It's times like these when I have to make a list. I'm a big list-maker. Grocery lists, to-do lists, goal lists, things-I-want-but-will-never-have lists. Making a list calms me.
Okay, I have a plan now. It will be okay.
Reasons to Smile:
1. Kades new moccasins. They were made at the Black Foot Reservation in Idaho. They smell like barbeque beef jerky from being dried over a camp fire.
2. Kades new sock monkey and his ever-growing book collection. Ian and I have made a point to buy him new books regularly and his shelf is finally filling
3. Ian got me a new book- Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner. I've made a goal to complete every project by the end of the year. And the buddhism book I got for christmas? It's a heavy read but every word is so inspiring.
4. Packing Kades diaper bag for his weekly sleepover at Grandma Danielles house- babbling about each item and what it's for as I place it in the bag. He stares like he understands every word I'm saying.
5. Being the mother to the most amazing and sweet baby on the planet. He has taught me so many amazing and irreplaceable life lessons.