Header

Header

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kade's One Year Photos

Yesterday, Kade has his One Year Photos taken by Shelly Archuleta. She did the most amazing job capturing his sweet personality! Remember the post about Sears Portraits? They took Kade's photo for 15 minutes and we had 12 pictures to choose from. They were way over-priced and low quality. Shelly was the exact opposite! She was so patient with Kade and let him take breaks whenever needed. I am so thrilled with how they turned out. Can't wait to send them off with his birthday party invitations!

Photobucket



In other news..

My apartment is inching closer and closer to being clean and organized. Kade's room is finally finished. Finding him an outfit to wear is now a breeze, where before it was a irritating chore. I can't wait until the rest of my house is the same...

I've decided to take a break from my sewing projects until after Kade's birthday. There's a lot going on and having the sewing machine planted on the kitchen table is just adding to the clutter and chaos of my apartment. Once crazy, hectic July is over, I will pick it back up (with vengeance, I'm certain).

Kade helped me do laundry today. He is by far the best laundry helper in the world- he takes his job as laundry-card-holder very seriously. He held it tight like a prized trophy and watched intently as I slid the card into the machine; he wanted to be certain I was going to give it back. When the washer "dinged!" he giggled, kicked his feet in excitement and held out the card. His happiness over the simplest of things never ceases to amaze me.

Tonight, before tucking Kade into bed we read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Kade giggled and his eyes fluttered sleepily as he finished the last bit of milk in his bottle. We said our prayers and thanked God for everything he has given us: health, nourishment and happiness. When I lay Kade in bed, he sighed and snuggled close to the bars- falling asleep almost instantly. I closed my eyes and listened to his soft, slow breath for a moment. I said another prayer- thanking God for giving me such a beautiful, bright and loving son. Thank you God, for allowing me the great honor to mother such a perfect being. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is such a creative way to do pictures! I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.