Header

Header

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama

Today was my first official mothers day, and I was thinking about what it means to be a mother. The first word that comes to my mind is Nurture. I can only hope that I can provide Kade with the drive to live life to its fullest. I can only pray to be capable of providing him a solid foundation to jump from when he's ready. As I go through the days, sometimes I feel like I'm not doing what I should be; my house is often more of a mess than I'd like, we sleep in some days, and I plead guilty to putting Kade in his jumper in front of a movie to have two seconds of me time. I get so frustrated with myself, because he deserves nothing but the best. I often have to remind myself that everyone has a different way of parenting and that this is mine and I have to embrace it and grow with it. I am not the cookie cutter mother. I don't always go by the books, and sometimes Kade is in his pajamas until noon. But he's happy and he is fed and he's comfortable. I have to remind myself: That is all that really matters.

For me, a mother is a friend: someone to count on, call and spend many days of laughter with. I hope Kade will see me as a mentor. I'm so looking forward to many days of adventures with my beautiful little prince. This has been the most amazing experience, and I can't wait to see what he has to teach me next.




1 comment:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself. Me time is very important. A happy mom has happy babies. And on the list of important things, clean houses and getting dressed before noon are waaaay down at the bottom next to washing your car and buying a puppy. :) You're a great mom and have an adorable little family. I love reading about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.