Header

Header

Monday, May 16, 2011

dolce far niente!




When I got off work this morning I had an impressive amount of energy for having worked the graveyard. I went to the store and bought myself flowers, a muffin tin, and blueberry muffin mix. When I got home, I set the flowers in a vase, closed the door to the bedroom so Kade and Ian could sleep peacefully and set off making batter. While the muffins were baking, I sat in the middle of the living room floor with a piping hot cut of coffee and just sat. It's funny, I honestly couldn't think of the last time I had just sat. Dolce far niente. The art of doing nothing. It was incredible to sit in front of the window, sip my coffee and just take in the crisp morning.
It didn't last long; Kade awoke demanding breakfast right as the oven timer started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.