Header

Header

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our Last Hoorah

Today was our last hoorah of celebration for Kade's first birthday. Yes folks, I threw a party. And I mean, I actually planned this one by myself. For the first time in my life I was in charge of every aspect of it: the decorations, the food, the people, the atmosphere. I chose a sock monkey theme in honor of me and Kade's shared love for the sweet vintage icon. I handmade invitations, I picked a color scheme, I made pom-poms and hung them from rick-rack. I made favor boxes, full of Now and Laters and Juicy Fruit. I chose crystal rock suckers and watermelon gum as the main attraction of the food display. And the drinks? Grape juice and Twist Up- sipped from jars with paper straws. Although he didn't understand the significance, my boy enjoyed himself.

Now that hectic July is almost over, I'm gcan focus my energy elsewhere. My goals for August include these refreshing, simple things: I want to take Kade to church on Sundays. I want to start another sewing project. I want to get adequate sleep. I want to take Kade in the stroller and go jogging every morning. I want to breathe in the lingering warm, earthy summer air.



Our Last Hoorah-

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Happy Weekend.



Photobucket













1 comment:

  1. Good job on the party! It looks like it was tons of fun. :) I love the drinks in jars. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.