Header

Header

Thursday, July 21, 2011

525,600 Minutes Ago

Today marks one year since my entire world was spun in a new direction- the right direction. Today, I celebrate joy. Today I celebrate laughter, bed time baths, newspaper hats, block castles and blanket forts. I celebrate laughter, late night snuggles and the way that only your son can look at you: with a face full of utter admiration and unconditional love. One year ago today, I brought a beautiful and bright baby into the world. He surprised us all. When I walked into the hospital that day, I didn't think for a second that I could be in labor. And then- there he was.

We named him Kade.

As I went through the day I kept thinking: a year ago right now, I was on my way to the hospital. Right now, I was getting an epidural... and so on. It was strange, looking at where I was then in comparison to where I was today. Today, I was at the zoo- holding my baby (ahem, toddler) up to see the animals and gleaming as he squealed with joy at the cougars. I was so proud of him as he paid close attention to the animals; he was studying them. I looked at him with amazement. One year ago, he wasn't even born yet..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.