Header

Header

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Days

I go back to my graveyard schedule tonight- but the weekend was well celebrated. Kade and I spent the entire day rolling on the floor, knocking down block castles, reading books and building forts. Eventually, we wore out of being indoors so we dragged a blanket outside and sat in the grass; much to Kade's dismay they had just watered and the moment we sat down the blanket was soaked as were we. Kade let out a surprised howl and his arms thrust up immediately, mommy! pick me up! up! up! So, after going on a long walk and checking the mailbox we headed back inside to take a nap. When we awoke, we went to lunch with Grandma Danielle for my birthday. Kade is so good in restaurants. He minds his manners and even joins the conversation- nodding and giggling at the appropriate times. It amazes me how smart he is! We walked around Rainbow Gardens and Kade looked at the frogs. When we got home it was more fort building, dinner, bath, stories and bed. The rest of my weekend was just as fantastic. We spent time at the park with Kelli Ray and Boston, went to a few barbeques and relaxed at home together. On date night, Ian and I went to the Alkaline Trio concert in Salt Lake. We ate at a hole in the wall Italian restaurant that served the best tortellini I've ever tasted and drank soda from glass bottles.

Tomorrow is my 20th birthday. Next week, my baby will be a year old.

Photobucket

Kade and Boston! We're going to miss them so much.

Photobucket

Kade helping Mommy do the laundry on a lazy afternoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I loved having these boys crawling around my house together.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kade has figured out how to make silly faces.

Photobucket

His new favorite food: Daddy's grilled cheese sandwiches

Photobucket

Yes, Daddy has Dr.Suess pajama pants.


Happy Day.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess! Love the new post & I'm really glad you & Ian were able to enjoy your date night <3

    I'm sorry the wet grass prevented you from enjoying some fun with kade, if you ever get a moment & a dollar :) try out the dollar store's shower curtains, I use them as a liner under blankets.. no more wet bottoms!

    LOL I love Ian's Dr. Seuss pj's, along with his cookie monster ones :))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.