Header

Header

Monday, July 11, 2011

Being a "Grown-Up"

It's been a few days since I've supplied you all with a nice hearty chunk of my life. I've been busier than ever with work, a baby shower, my birthday dinner, cleaning my house and squeezing in time with friends so I don't go nuts. Kade's birthday invitations aren't yet finished and I should have sent them out today. There is a pile of receipts and notes sitting on the desk comparable to the Eiffel Tower and I haven't vacuumed in a week. I can't even begin to guess when I made my bed last and I threw away an appalling amount of food today that went bad in our refrigerator. Perhaps I'm slacking- I just don't have the energy to cook every night and by the time I have a moment to vacuum, Kade is in bed and I would be waking him. I'd rather be spending time with my son at the park than filing paperwork. Let's be realistic here: I'm only 20 years old. When you're younger and you imagine yourself at 20 you think of college, boyfriends, parties and maybe a super chic job in a coffee shop. I never thought I'd be spending my days toting around a one year old and humming sesame street to myself at the grocery store. While in Walmart the other night, the cashier asked if the gatorade I was buying was to keep the baby hydrated. I gave out a deep are-you-freaking-kidding-me? laugh and said, "No. He can't have gatorade and anyway, that would give him the WORST diarrhea." The cashier, a 20 something year old male, looked at me like I was absolutely nuts. This is what being a mother has done to me. It hasn't taken me out of my comfort zone- it's nested me right into the center of it.

Photobucket
Kade and Boston played at the park today! Boston pushed Kade around in his car. It was so sweet!


1 comment:

  1. I had my first baby when I was 20 too, so I can relate to how you're feeling. The paperwork and house cleaning can wait. Babies grow up too quickly. Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.