Header

Header

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th, 2011

Kade's first fourth of July was something you might see in a movie. It involved breakfast, a carnival, face painting, balloons and cotton candy. Throw in fireworks, family, friends and lots of barbequing and you have a Picture Perfect Fourth. The fourth of July is by far my favorite holiday. The energy of the day- the pure essence of summer- awakens all of my senses and jolts my nerves. I can't contain my excitement at seven o'clock in the morning when the pink clouds are on the horizon and the excitement of The Day is at my doorstep. I jumped out of bed and straight on to the computer, looking up parade times and carnival locations. Kade decided he wanted to sleep in. I was like a little kid on Christmas begging pllleeeaase wake up! But the boys slept. When they had finally stretched and yawned themselves out of bed we set off on our fourth of July adventure. And it was without a doubt, my most memorable yet.

Photobucket

Breakfast at Dennys- mommy and daddy got in on the face painting too!

Photobucket

Kade got his face painted at the carnival. He held so still.

Photobucket

The fourth of July just wouldn't be without cotton candy, and lots of it.

Photobucket

Kade is an animal lover. We really need to move in to a place where he can have a pet.

Photobucket
Driving the car to the carnival.

Photobucket

Our friends are visiting from California! Kade and Boston are only three days apart.


Photobucket

Kade makes this "scrunch face" now. It's adorable.


Photobucket

Apparently, grass is really funny.

Photobucket

Kade and Kelli Ray

Yes, it was fantastic.


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog a while back from BBC, but I just want to say he is just the cutest thing! Your 4th looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.