Header

Header

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sundays

Sundays are always crazy at my house. I try to stay awake after work on Sundays so that I can switch back into sleep-at-night mode (easier said than done, and it doesn't sound easy). Ian's family usually has a barbeque and my grandma always has dinner at five o'clock. Recently, Kade and I have thrown church into the mixture. The result is a thick cocktail of short nap times, too much snack food and an overwhelmed baby. We've tried doing things with Ian's family on Saturdays, but I work Saturday nights. So I wake up, spend a hectic few hours with family and go straight to work- exhausted. And it seems I'm always throwing in promises that I can't easily keep like play dates, lunch or shopping trips. On Sunday nights, my family goes to bed early; seven o'clock for Kade and around eight for Mommy and Daddy. The house sits in shambles from the chaotic work days and we're all left recuperating from social over-exposure. Luckily, Mommy doesn't work until Thursday night. Our weekend is starting again, and you know what that means.

Today at church, a women from my bible study class gave me glass french bread pans. She has been trying to find someone to give them to, but said she couldn't find the one who needed them. She offered them to me within the first 30 minutes she knew my name. She said, "Then, there was Jessica!" Her name is Becky. She sat next to me in my first bible study class and put her hand on my shoulder as we prayed. She gave me a box with the bread pans and some extras: a bible story CD for Kade, daily devotional books, and "a year in the light of God, for mothers." Thank you Becky.

Photobucket
Kade got some new clothes- including this FAO Schwartz onsie. I fell in love with it, and got it for a whopping $4.00. It's perfect paired with his sock monkey leggies.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Happy Monday.

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.