Header

Header

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bravo, Summer

Just as I start thinking I'm ready for fall, summer shows its pearly whites. It replies, a whisper, oh yeah? and puts me under its hazy, humid spell again. Today was a lazy, yet productive day. The bed was made, it was chocolate-chip-pancake-day and Mommy hauled a sweaty baby from college to high school gathering transcripts for my Weber State financial aid application. Kade was very patient with me, milk dribbled from his mouth and he hummed and bounced while the counselor stamped the envelopes. He helped me dig out two dollars in change from my wallet and used his charm to convince my high school adviser to give him a sucker. I discovered the wonder that is the Public Library. Kade was overwhelmed with curiosity. I plopped him down and let him explore the childrens section, where he pulled himself up on the shelves and turned his head sideways as if he were actually reading the titles. I live for these quiet moments with my baby- just Kade and Mommy having a lazy summer adventure, spread out on the library floor as if we were at home. Grazing through titles like "The Sea of Bath" and "Olivia."

The evening summoned a quick trip to the grocery store, and a leisurely swim in the pool. The first time we took Kade swimming, he was very hesitant. The next time he was in water, he screamed with all his might and flailed away from every splash. This time, he laughed; he was in hysterics. All of a sudden my timid water baby was splashing, squealing and bouncing. He got his face wet, he kicked his feet. His hands were wrinkled- deep lines like canyons dancing across his little fingers. And I found myself thinking: Wait a little while fall, I'm enjoying this..



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bravo Summer. Bravo.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.