Header

Header

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gratitude.

I'm big on making lists: grocery lists, wish lists, to-do lists... the list goes on. Something about writing out my desires, needs and tasks brings me comfort. The thought process goes like this: now-I-have-a-plan-so-it-will-be-okay. But, I also find it necessary to write Gratitude Lists. I actually keep a Gratitude Journal; every night I write down the things that throughout the day I was entirely grateful for. Ten things that made a difference in my day. It's never very specific, often just one word will suffice but it's a good way of keeping myself humble and never taking things- or people- for granted. It's easy to completely engulf yourself in grief over the things you don't have or even the things you wish you could give others. When I was younger, I remember crying every single day. I recall very specifically the moment I thought, "I don't remember the last day that I didn't cry at least once." Granted I am a very emotional person by nature, this struck me as disturbing. Was I really so enthralled by self-pity? It was then that I started my Gratitude Lists.

Today's Gratitude List:

1. My Mother.
2. Quilting.
3. Feather Pillows.
4. Sweaters.
5. Ian, and the amazing father that he has always been.
6. Granola Bars.
7. Curious George.
8. Photography.
9. Fabric I fell in love with-on sale for $1.00 a yard.
10. My Son, and the lessons he teaches me every day.

What have you been grateful for today?


1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for your blog. And others that keep me going. I know this is an old post and you may never read this, but from the bottom of my heart and from one mama to another...THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keep me going! Thank you for your love and support.